wreck it ralph - vanelopes glitch





Hello! 
After watching wreck it ralph this afternoon i couldnt help but feel so connected and empathetic towards little Vanelope. She has pixlexia, she is a glitch in a game that makes her feel worthless,weird and not accepted. According to the evil candy king She can’t compete in the race in case the public see that she’s a glitch which would result in the game being unplugged. 
I can relate so much to little vanelope and feeling that her glitch makes her worthless and not wanted if people found out. 
I often feel that having dissociative identity disorder makes me a freak,a weirdo and unworthy of doing the things I want. I’ve always thought that if too many people found out I have did then they would not be my friend, they would think i was crazy and be scared off, just like vanelopes glitch being seen. 
Fast forward towards the end of the film and vanelope uses her glitch to win!! She uses her glitch to defeat the evil candy king and become a hugely popular and loved character to choose on the game. Her glitch was no longer a hinderance or something to be ashamed of, her glitch became her super power helping her come 1st in races. 
I don’t want to view my did as a hinderance or shameful, I want to be like vanelope. I want to embrace my disorder and see the good in it, to allow it to help me come 1st in this race of mine.

Comments

Popular Posts