this is me

Hello! 

The greatest showman - this has been one of the most incredibly uplifting and beautiful films I've ever seen. From the songs to the incredible characters I don't think there is anything not to like about this film. 

"I've learned to be ashamed of all my scars,run away they say cause we don't want your broken parts"

As shame has been a looming cloud above my head for the majority of my life, this verse brings so many emotions to the surface. My scars, both physical and mental, are incredibly deep and have been present for as long as I remember. 

 Those who do not understand, who are abusive and bullies - they don't want my broken parts. Broken parts mean you have been shattered, you haven't been able to put the parts of you together, and this can make others uncomfortable.  Especially at the thought of why this person has been broken.

"I am brave,  I am bruised I am who I'm meant to be this is me" 

Ive never thought of myself as brave, but defiantly as bruised. This song has made me realise that in order to be bruised you must have been incredibly brave to endure and survive to see your bruises. There is no one else I should be, there is nothing more I can do. This is me! 

"I know that theres a place for us for we are glorious" 

I think of my alters, the parts of me that are looked at as less than I. This world can seem incredibly daunting and unfair at times, but there is a place for everyone to be there best self in this world and I know that one day there will be a place for all of me - for we are glorious! 


Comments

Popular Posts