Sundays


hello!


I used to dread Sundays so so much because it just meant tomorrow I begin another week of living in hell. I've never took any notice until today, today I woke up and realised Im not dreading the week to come because I can make this week however I want.I can sleep in a bedroom I know is safeI can spend my day at home not in fearI can go outsideI can see friends who are more like family than any real familyI read an article about acceptance, acceptance isn't about allowing what's been done to be seen as ok, it's not about agreeing with unjust but it's about knowing that however I chose to fight each day the past can never be changed but my future can be. I always thought if I accepted what's happened it meant I was saying it's OK and that it was right. But it's not, it never will be ok and I never will be free of the effects it has but I can accept it.I can look after that 6 year old inner child version of myself that gets scared of ridiculous things that I know are stupid but I should accept that instead of beating my self up about it.I can choose to be the best possible version of myself and be kind to everyone. Always. Not letting what I experienced make me angry or horrible.I can ignore the thoughts and beliefs that are negative because they are what someone else installed in my head to make me hate myself. I can make my own.

I can choose these things because I'm free






Comments

Popular Posts