achievements

hello!

We all achieve things, we all succeed.Whether that is getting out of bed or gaining a promotion. In this big, crazy, power-filled world, our successes and achievements get overlooked, they may not seem big or important. We fail to recognise our own accomplishments because we are constantly comparing ourselves to others. you got a B in a test, but she got an A. Sometimes we base our achievements and successes on whether we did better than someone else, sometimes there is a mysterious list of 'should haves' that we think we 'should' abide by. For example, you should start university at 18 graduate at 21 get married at 30. But this list of 'should haves' is a complete lie, something we have made up to jeopardize our self.

You should always try to recognize your own achievements. Every small success should be celebrated, this way you will stay motivated and become more confident in your abilities.


Today is the beginning of my second week studying science. I've already beaten last years attempt at returning to education and I'm proud of myself for getting this far.

 I've completed 2 essays and written my first draft of my personal statement, and I'm proud of myself for getting this far.

Each day I wake up ready for another day of studying, another day of challenging myself. I know that each time I walk through those doors to college. there is a chance that I may dissociate, I may lose time and an alter may take my place. This terrifies me, but I know each time I walk through those doors to college I am one step closer to my future, I am one step further away from my past.


Comments

Popular Posts