time to meet me all

Hello!


"I like baking and drawing and walking places im Jemma im 14 and im not really interesting really I dont like tv much I prefer going on the computer and watching youtube and stuff.i dont like people that talk about other people cos that just makes you horrible say something to there face if you have a problem"

"Poppy is scared a lot and I look after her all the time. she's 6 and she can't talk cos she's to scared. poppy likes tangled and dogs and thats it really from Jemma"






"Hi im Emma, I thought you may want to know a little about me. Im 25 years old and am often found reading and spending time looking after you. On days when you feel you can not cope, days you can't get out of med to wash or eat - I will help. It is my job to always look after us. If things become overwhelming I will step forward, remove us from the situation to hopefully enable you to come back."

"Casper is a very sweet and cheeky 8 year old who loves nothing more than creating animal kingdoms whether that be out of play dough, sand or on paper. His dream is to own a giraffe and a dinosaur. Casper has no knowledge or experience regarding trauma therefore is able to relax, feel safe and enjoy being a child"






These are extracts that have been written over the last year from my journal that all of me keep, its provided me with some understanding and knowledge of my alters and enabled me to make sure that I have certain toys, films etc to help all of me feel comforted safe and happy. It has taken me 4 years to get to the point where I am able talk openly about my parts to the few people in my life I trust. I do not hide and shriek away when I find random things in my possession that "I" would not necessarily buy. It is so difficult to get to the point where you accept that you may be watching the news at 6pm but wake up the next morning having watched 5 episodes of Peppa pig.

I have different thoughts and feelings towards all of my parts whether thats because of there actions, there role, or my own level of awareness. I have written letters to all of my parts and have included small sections of them below...

Dear Jemma,
I know I get angry and frustrated at you when your struggling and not managing, but I am sorry and I don't mean the things I say. You have had to experience horrible and painful things because of me, to protect me, and I have never said thank you or appreciated not having to experience the things you did. People who meet you say you are strong and honest and always have the best facial expressions. 


Dear Poppy, 
Oh little poppy I wish I could make everything better for you and help you feel safe and protected all of the time. I know you love tangled the most out of everything in the world and its a very good choice. I always keep your favourite dog toy with me wherever I go and I hope that makes you feel safer.


Dear Casper,
I often wake up get out of bed and step on a dinosaur, or find pictures drawn on my wall that I have to quickly paint over. You sound fun and cheeky and very mischievous. You have a lot of fun and thats nice to know that you enjoy lots of things. 


Dear Emma,
Thank you for looking after me, for looking after all of me. I am thankful that no matter how bad things may be, how difficult life may become I have someone who can put those things aside, be rational and take steps to make me feel better. Growing up I always wondered why I owned so many books yet I never read. I often used to donate the books or throw them away and im sorry. I hope you enjoy having all of your books out on the shelf and can enjoy them.







Comments

Popular Posts